Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In addition to the above, Hardkorr Campers (“HKC”) warrants that, subject to the limitations and exclusions below, all parts of our manufacture or assembly of the Camper Trailer or Caravan (the “Product”) are free from defects in material and workmanship for the following periods from date of purchase:
- Trailer Structural Chassis: 5 years.
- All others components: 12 months (unless otherwise stated)
This warranty is for the benefit of the original purchaser only and is not transferable under any circumstances. It is also voided if the Product is used in hire schemes or as rentals.
This warranty does not apply if the damage occurs because of:
- Fair wear & tear;
- Misuse, neglect or abuse, including failure to adhere to servicing and/or maintenance guidelines or exceeding load limits;
- Immersion in water or other use which contravenes our usage guidelines;
- Storm damage or other acts of Nature;
- Unauthorised modifications or repairs made or attempted;
- Continued usage or towing after a defect has, or should have, become apparent to you;
- Fitting or installation of any accessories or options such as an altered tool box or other items after the camper trailer has left the premises of HKC.
To initiate a warranty claim:
If you believe your Product is defective, you must firstly complete the warranty claim form (click here). Our warranty department will then contact you to assess your claim. You may be required to return your Product to HKC or one of our authorised dealers for inspection as part of the assessment process.
We will communicate our decision to you in writing. If the warranty claim is approved, the work required to remedy the defect must be performed by HKC or another person whom we nominate in writing. If you have remediation work performed by an unapproved party, regardless of whether the work has been approved by HKC, then we may not be responsible for the cost of this work, and this warranty will not cover this work or any resultant loss or damage.
All freight and transport costs arising from the assessment or repair process is the responsibility of the purchaser.
If we do not approve your claim, we will advise you of the reason and hold your Product for collection. You will need to arrange and pay for the Product to be collected from us and shipped back to you. If your Product is not collected within 30 days of us notifying you that your warranty claim has not been accepted, we may dispose of it at our discretion.
The warranty does not cover the following:
- Consumable items such as bearings, light bulbs etc;
- Appliances and equipment which are not manufactured or supplied by HKC (for example a refrigerator, freezer or customer modifications) – these are covered by the warranty of such items for the term offered by the manufacturer of such items;
- Any rectification or other work required due to alterations in Local, State or Federal legislation which occurs after manufacture of the recreation vehicle;
- Any accommodation or re-location expenses including fuel and freight, loss of earnings or rents, or other costs incurred before or whilst repairs under this warranty are being undertaken.
Tents are guaranteed to be in new merchantable condition at the time of purchase. General wear and tear is exempted. Zips and mesh or screens are not covered.
HKC is not liable for any loss, theft, or damage to any goods in transit; however, we are happy to help in resolving shipping issues if reported to us within 12 hours of delivery.
Limitation of Liability
Except as otherwise required by law, if we approve your warranty claim your remedy will be limited to repairs by our chosen repairer, replacement goods or a refund at our reasonable discretion.
If we approve a warranty claim relating to a major failure, or we cannot provide a remedy within a reasonable timeframe, you may be entitled to a refund for the Product.
To the greatest extent permissible under law, we will not be responsible for consequential or special damages of any kind, including aggravated, punitive or exemplary damages. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, our liability will be limited in all cases to the amount you paid for the Product which is the subject of your warranty claim.